Friday, January 20, 2012

On feeling awesome

I hate to say it, but this limiting alcohol deal has made me feel a lot better-- physically and mentally. I'm drinking about a glass of wine, twice a week. That is a big reduction for me. Pairing that with 6 days a week on the elliptical (love this thing!!) and I have lost about 7lbs so far. Sweet...

Side note: I look forward to my workouts because I watch a new billiards match via YouTube. It's a great way to improve my game by watching pro's and to make my workout time pass by quickly.

I am also continuing the daily smoothies and have found/created an awesome recipe. This is, by far, my favorite recipe and the smoothie makes me feel incredible-- total healthy buzz. Here it is:

Veggies:
Half cucumber, half carrot, 1/4 avocado, 1.5 cups Lacinato kale, small chunk (quarter size) of fresh ginger

Liquids:
1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup mango juice, 1/2 cup water, tsp honey

Fruits:
2 cups of frozen berry mix (raspberries, blueberries, cranberries), 1 kiwi

Other:
1 tbs chia seeds, 1 tbs flax

Blend-- first set to chop and then puree. Boom!

No comments: